Denison Parking isn't reinventing the wheel—we invented the wheel.
Our history dates back to the late 1920s when Indianapolis businessman, William C. Griffith, purchased the Denison Hotel at a busy corner in the City’s downtown area. This bustling commercial area soon began to draw people traveling via a relatively new invention — the automobile. Soon, the demand for parking overtook its short supply. Mr. Griffith made a daring decision to raze most of the old hotel and develop one of the first paid parking facilities in the country. He named his new parking company Denison Parking after the landmark hotel that once occupied that site.
The Griffith family continued leading the industry in parking innovation by completing construction of the first self-parking garage in Indianapolis in 1954. This garage was only the fifth self-parking garage ever constructed in the United States. Even then, Denison’s legacy of daring and forward-looking decisions was shaping our country as a leader of the industry. While the family still owns and operates Denison Parking, our company has grown far beyond our Indianapolis roots. The Griffith legacy still defines and drives our company.
Denison has over 120 locations. Find one near you.